This was originally an email to my family, but I thought I'd share it publicly because there's something cathartic about living my life publicly.
I can't wait for y'all to visit soon! The link I'm sharing with you was just shared on Facebook by a few friends tonight. I didn't want to post on Facebook because I wanted to add several of my own comments to a few of the things that I can talk about. Feel free to browse through the entire list on your own, then I'll have some comments and links back to it so you can get my take on a few of the things that are listed.
Here's the whole article (only read and watch videos that interest you):
Done yet? No? I'll wait...
Now that you're finished browsing, here are some notes from me:
- I have met so many talented, nice and beautiful people since I've moved here, it's no surprise she's from Texas.
- Some people don't know what these are, mostly from the coasts. Thankfully they have travelled north far enough that I haven't been missing out for 30 years.
- Swimming really isn't my thing, but we should probably go check this out. A few of my friends live within walking distance.
- Looks like I left the big Czech community in Cedar Rapids for another one in Texas. There's a great place on the way to Austin from Dallas. I don't know that my family that's flying in can make the stop, but hopefully the drive in folks can pick us up something from Czech Stop!
- The first one shown here was born in Texas, died in Iowa. Probably the complete opposite I'm going to experience.
- Not that I can compete, but at least I'm not an outcast when I get lazy.
- Don't worry Mom, they won't "get" you. We definitely need to see them, I've been putting this off for too long!
- I can vouch for this. Wowza!
- This wasn't actually true until February 10th, 2012.
- We need to visit all of his places. I've only been to one, but it was fantastic!
- Yes, we will visit. It will be glorious!
- The first in the list is my favorite music event of all time. I have already bought four tickets (almost a year out) for the next one. I can't wait!
- It's true.
- Also true. I still have so many more places to take y'all!
I realize the entire list is based on Texas, but we're going to be spending most of our time in Austin. No worries, it's still going to be a blast! Let me know if there's anything else we should look into even if it's not on the list.
See you soon!